Nottingham Apartments

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Nottingham Apartments

Post by iamjacobm »

Building on 33rd and Burt is getting renovated.  In all 32 apartments when it's all said and done.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Same people that just did Urban Village on 33rd and Leavenworth, and many other great projects in Midtown Omaha!  They are really going to clean up the property.  Its going to look great when its done.  I was out there this fall when we started on the project and the neighbors came running out asking what we were doing.  They are super excited about the project.  They had horror stories about the last owner.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

MCL posted some updates on their FB.  I doubt they have trouble moving these when they are done.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Renovated Gifford Park apartment building is now a 'cool property'
Cindy Gonzalez: World-Herald staff writer wrote:The Nottingham at 33rd and Burt Streets, vacant for the past three years, has undergone a $3 million rehabilitation, and its 31 apartments are set to open this weekend for lease at market rates.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I'm glad to see this building renovated.  It always looked like such an appealing and solid building, but seemed to be run into the ground by owners/managers who didn't care and rented the place out to criminals.

It's also great to see that the historic tax credits served to both make the project more economically attractive and in return require the developer to maintain the important historic details.

It will be nice to see Gifford Park on the same track as the neighborhoods south of MTC.  I feel like it's a little behind in terms of redevelopment, but there is just as much potential there.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

:eyes:  :eyes: Holy cow those apartments look incredible!!!!  :mrgreen:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, big improvement.  I was down there before they started and it looks way better.  Nice neighborhood, just a few "problem properties" scattered about in the area.

This should really help clean things up!
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Yeah, taking the chain-link fence down from the front yard really helped.  I will never understand why anywone thought that was a good idea for front yards.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Seth wrote:I will never understand why anywone thought that was a good idea for front yards.
I completely agree.  There are two things I hate in east o... Fenced in front yards and permanent walls added to porches!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I actually like fenced in front yards, but DEFINITELY not with chain link. There's a house on 120th north of L street that recently added a wrought-iron fence to their front yard with brick columns and it looks nice.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Brad wrote:I completely agree.  There are two things I hate in east o... Fenced in front yards and permanent walls added to porches!
Amen to both!  Our house never had chainlink in the front, but our boarded-in porch has it's days numbered.  The backyard chainlink has been covered by wood fencing on both sides, lol!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

This redevelopment is the sort of shot in the arm that this neighborhood both needs, and deserves to have.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

nativeomahan wrote:This redevelopment is the sort of shot in the arm that this neighborhood both needs, and deserves to have.
There have been a number of smaller multi tenant buildings getting upgrades in the Joslyn/Cathedral/Gifford Park area this year.  One thing I notice right now is how many single family homes are for sale in these areas.  I hope we can get a nice influx of young families in the area.
Brad
City Council

Re: Nottingham Apartments

Post by Brad »

NFM Truck there today.

Photo Update: