Beebe & Runyan almost ready

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Beebe & Runyan almost ready

Post by Coyote »

Atrium reaches sky at Beebe & Runyan
Omaha World Herald wrote:Fifty-two of the building's planned 72 condominiums have sold, as well as two of the custom penthouse spaces. The first move-ins are scheduled for March 15, said Karen Fries, an agent for Prudential Ambassador Real Estate....
Models are open Sundays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Omaha World Herald wrote:Workers recycled 153 tons of waste and reclaimed or reused 157 tons of wood. :D
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I saw a nother picture on the "print" edition of the OWH, the units look great also.

I wish you could live in cool places like this and still have a yard of your own.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

What? You can't find enough space to spread out across the street at either Heartland of America Park or Gene Leahy Mall?
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

jhuston wrote:What? You can't find enough space to spread out across the street at either Heartland of America Park or Gene Leahy Mall?
And you don't even have to mow it!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

What? You can't find enough space to spread out across the street at either Heartland of America Park or Gene Leahy Mall?
And you don't even have to mow it!
THere is just something I like about having my "own" lawn, I enjoy gardening, planting flowers and such.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

As someone who owns a yard, I fully understand Brad.

Perhaps we could join a garden club.... volunteer at Lauritzen.... etc. :)

To tell you the truth, the bigger limiting factor at this point for me isn't the gardening... it's the price per square foot.
redfield
Library Board

Post by redfield »

To tell you the truth, the bigger limiting factor at this point for me isn't the gardening... it's the price per square foot.

Try to immagine the price per square foot to buy land and build a single family house with a yard that close the the old market, the CBD, the holland center, the Qwest center, etc...

Might add another digit.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

And Also, its hard to "Clark Grizwald" the house during the holidays when you live in a condo.

almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

HAH! :) This is the first year I've had a house to put Brownville through its paces. I looooooove christmas lights! I'll have to post pics when I'm done - I just started tonight.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Try to immagine the price per square foot to buy land and build a single family house with a yard that close the the old market, the CBD, the holland center, the Qwest center, etc...

Might add another digit.
Of course I'm well aware of what I'm missing out on out here in the suburbs. That doesn't change the fact that I can't afford the prices downtown today... unless I were trade my 4 bed, 3,800 sq foot home for a 2 bed, 1,200 sq ft condo. I simply can't do that until my kids are out of the house. Once the nest is empty however, you can be sure that I'll be moving downtown.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

jhuston wrote:What? You can't find enough space to spread out across the street at either Heartland of America Park or Gene Leahy Mall?
AND you can even watch the bums sniffing some coke (which I saw a couple of weeks ago walking back from the Landmark building).
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Yeah, we need to get a roof over these guys heads so they can use it in a more comfortable setting like the rich folks in the suburbs.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

jhuston wrote:Yeah, we need to get a roof over these guys heads so they can use it in a more comfortable setting like the rich folks in the suburbs.
Amen. Seriously though, I love the downtown area. I just hope we start to do a better job of cleaning it up. I would LOVE to walk the two blocks to the park in the summer for lunch. Unfortunately, it has been a dumping ground by the local homeless shelters during the day. While I noticed a drop off once they stopped handing out free lunches there, it is still a huge problem. Sadly, there is NO way I would recommend anyone with a family go down there at all.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

What the heck?!?! Bums doing coke? I don't doubt that but holy |expletive| dude. That's not all there is DT. I know plenty of people out west who do more drugs than that. They just have a more expensive setting to do it in. As a matter of fact I personally know someone who's very well thought of in Omaha who used to be a drug dealer for my mom's ex-husband. All of this sh*t about "Oh, it's dangerous. Don't bring your kids DT" is exactly that. Sh*t. DTO is probably one of the safest neighborhoods in Omaha. I live in what some people would consider the "bad" part of Omaha and some parts that actually are bad, and do you know what? We've never had any problems wih people bothering us, robbing us, or any of that other stuff people out west fear happens.

Like Jeff has even said on here time and time again. Unless you're personally involved with something you shouldn't be involved in, nothing will happen to you.
DTO
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

WTH! Now a-days I see more millard pretenders coming down town than anything else! As much as it upsets me off to see this I do appreciate them for giving the area a much softer and less threatening atmosphere. Oh and spending their money in the Old Market. I guess putting up with a few hundred “like oh my god, totally”s a weekend is well worth the great future of the area…
Now if they’d just start to hang out around 30th and Leavenworth.
15-17, 26, 32
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Sadly, there is NO way I would recommend anyone with a family go down there at all.
My family and I walk around the mall and HOA park all the time... we've NEVER felt threatened. Seeing a few homeless has made us recognize that much more, just how fortunate we are. Just last night I had to drag my youngest son away, kicking and screaming, from the slides to make it to the Creighton game (he always gets wrapped up in the 'moment'). :D
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

DTO Luv wrote:What the heck?!?! Bums doing coke? I don't doubt that but holy |expletive| dude. That's not all there is DT. I know plenty of people out west who do more drugs than that. They just have a more expensive setting to do it in. As a matter of fact I personally know someone who's very well thought of in Omaha who used to be a drug dealer for my mom's ex-husband.
-To quote Hoosiers:

" Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with. "

While both are wrong, I am more concerned with the guy who does it in front of my family.
DMRyan
Human Relations

Post by DMRyan »

homeless people can afford blow as their drug of choice?

A bottle of Thunderbird or enhaling some pipe cleaner I could believe, but how many times have you ever heard about a homeless person snorting cocaine (which keep in mind is much different than crack cocaine).
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'd suggest it was a case of Omaha having the nations most cocaine snorting homeless people per capita... but I suspect a better explanation is simple suburban naivity.

Back to the Beebe & Runyan please.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Beebe and Runyan will do a lot in the way of making that area no longer friendly for druggies. Druggies only go where they think they won't get caught, and B and R will put lots more people down there.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tuesday 3/7/2006

Also this building is right in the area, what is it?

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

All I know it as is 902 Dodge St. It has been discussed on several occasions on the forum. I can't recall if the OWH has done a story on it or not. Nice pictures Brad!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

So the third picture is the 902 building.

Thanks
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

jhuston wrote:All I know it as is 902 Dodge St. It has been discussed on several occasions on the forum. I can't recall if the OWH has done a story on it or not. Nice pictures Brad!
The top floor will be condos (I think 2?), the other floors apartments. Commercial space (See, RockBottom rumor) on the first floor.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

As of April 11, 2006
Back

Front
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

i love these restoration projects! the buildings still have their original style but a new sole
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

MTO wrote:i love these restoration projects! the buildings still have their original style but a new sole
Ya, me too! One good thing is, that we are running out of those oppurtunites which mean....new construction!!!!!!!!! :D
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

When I drove by this weekend I noticed that some people had already moved in. Nice to see it happening!
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

FYI, I live in this building, and construction (with the exception of penthouses and any options homeowners add at purchase) has been complete for several months now.  Orginal plans were to leave the penthouses "grey box"(as they are now) to allow for complete customization, but the developer has recently decided to build out all units to help spur sales.  The building is roughly 75% occupied.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Congrats on the new home, Ben!  I think finishing out the top floor will help sell out the building.  It is an excellent space!  I walk North on 10th Street, and it is great to see people walking up Douglas from the Beebe in the mornings, headed to work.  That is what downtown is all about!
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Interesting news to report.  I ran into one of the builders in the hallway, and he said Prudential Ambassador's contract to represent the building isn't being renewed.  Apparently, to better market the penthouse units (as there are only a handful of other units left on the other floors), they felt the need to go with a boutique firm specializing in higher end real estate.  I didn't catch the name of the firm, but I'm sure the announcement will be made shortly.

Perfect timing, I guess, as they're just about ready to get started on the build-out up there, and the unit that Prudential was using as the model/office was recently put under contract.  Expect the new agent to setup shop in one of the Penthouse units as soon as its finished.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Beebe Runyan would have been much further up our list had it not missed our time frame so dramatically.  Ultimately, the private parking and roof deck won the battle for SoMa, but BR would have given it one helluva fight.  Those are some damn cool spaces.

-Big E
Stable genius.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Ben mentioned in a post awhile back that this project was planning to develop the condos on the top floor as no one had bought any of the custom condos (as has been the case in most condo projects where developers think consumers want to totally design their own spaces).  I noticed the last week or two that all the windows are open on the top floor every day, and they were not before.  Have they started conversion of the top floor to structured condos?
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
Bobcat
Home Owners Association

Post by Bobcat »

OmahaChef, According to the on site sales staff a model is being completed on the top floor with completion expected sometime this fall.  As soon as it sells they'll start on the next.  Once 4 or 5 are sold the floor will be completed on spec.  The 8th floor condos will be significantly larger than the lower floors and include many features that weren't available on the lower floors ... rooftop decks, Miele appliances, larger kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms.  The developer plans on building the 9 condos as they are sold.  Evidently interest has been high and the sales staff is planning events for downtown residents and agents to coincide with the opening of the model.  

Once and awhile I pop up there to enjoy the large spaces and beautiful views.  I'm sure that won't be an option for me much longer as the construction and sales progress.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Bobcat wrote:The 8th floor condos will be significantly larger than the lower floors and include many features that weren't available on the lower floors ... rooftop decks, Miele appliances, larger kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms.
That was the other reason we didn't buy there:  no bedrooms or bathrooms.   :;):

-Big E
Stable genius.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Thanks Bobcat!  Sounds like a great plan.  9 units on the whole top floor??!!  That is some impressive square footage.