Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations

Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

I noticed today that they are installing balconies on the north side of this building.  I think they really add to the look and should really help with the sell of these condo's.   Though they do not yet have patio doors to the decks.  They are installed aroud the currentenly installed windows
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Heres a shot of the decks. Nice added value to those condos.

adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

All these pictures make me miss Omaha. :cry: Oh well, I'm getting my own place on May 12th in Omaha so it's all good. :D

On an unrelated note, I didn't know apartments could age discriminate. The first thing she asked us was if we were 20 years old. When we were filling out the paperwork they had the policy plaqued and standing erect on the table. It was odd that they made it so blantant, but I could see how that is attractive to some renters.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Hey how come you guys have almost the same signature picture are you secretly twins or something?
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

MTO wrote:Hey how come you guys have almost the same signature picture are you secretly twins or something?
He stole it from me. :lol: No, it's the same picture that Josh (wags) took, we just did different things to it. Look he even made me put his label in lower left when I asked if I could use it. :lol:
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Yeah next time I'm gonna ask for a quarter per photo appearance, Im a dickhead like that. :lol: I've had that sig for awhile, I should switch it up again anyways. :)
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

On an unrelated note, I didn't know apartments could age discriminate. The first thing she asked us was if we were 20 years old.
I guess I'm the only one who found that funny.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Yeah they should have a place that discriminates against old people so only us cool kids could live there… 8)
15-17, 26, 32
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

My guess is the age requirement has more to do with the legalities of signing a lease. Just a hunch....

-Big E
Stable genius.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

That was what I thought was funny... I just ASSUMED an 18 to 20 year old couldn't sign a lease without a co-signer or something (don't you have to be like 25 to rent a car? My 18 year old daughter couldn't even get her own car loan... that's probably going to come back to bite me)... and here these guys are crying out age discrimination! :P
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

You have to be 19 to sign a lease w/ out a co-signer (in Nebraska). I just found it odd that's all :)
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Trips
Library Board

Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)

Post by Trips »

My hunt for for living downtown has finally ended.

After years of listening to everyone on here I finally started looking at moving to the Old Market about 2 years ago. I determined that for the price and location that the Ford Lofts were my choice and in particular 1 of 12 units. After missing out on a unit last year, two became open last week. Perfect, I am ready to make a full price cash offer but needed to confirm the parking spot. The parking is underground and an end spot, double bonus worth an extra $10k for me. Now as long as the board allows me to pay for an electric car charging hookup I am ready to move in. I am expecting this could cost me up to $20k but I would still be under budget for what I wanted. Either way it would not cost the board anything, is small enough that no one would notice it, and in the future anyone could tie into the line at a fraction of the cost.

The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed. Well that ended my search for a place downtown. I'm not sure why they wouldn't approve it but makes me glad I don't live there.

- Sorry for the rant
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Trips wrote:The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed.
What kind of charger were you requesting?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Trips wrote:My hunt for for living downtown has finally ended.

After years of listening to everyone on here I finally started looking at moving to the Old Market about 2 years ago. I determined that for the price and location that the Ford Lofts were my choice and in particular 1 of 12 units. After missing out on a unit last year, two became open last week. Perfect, I am ready to make a full price cash offer but needed to confirm the parking spot. The parking is underground and an end spot, double bonus worth an extra $10k for me. Now as long as the board allows me to pay for an electric car charging hookup I am ready to move in. I am expecting this could cost me up to $20k but I would still be under budget for what I wanted. Either way it would not cost the board anything, is small enough that no one would notice it, and in the future anyone could tie into the line at a fraction of the cost.

The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed. Well that ended my search for a place downtown. I'm not sure why they wouldn't approve it but makes me glad I don't live there.

- Sorry for the rant
Who was paying for the electricity that this service would be tied into?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!