Official: Dundee Ridge condos

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

laserdisque
Home Owners Association

Official: Dundee Ridge condos

Post by laserdisque »

A lawyer just purchased my house and 2 others as well as several buildings on Dodge st, and is going to build a three story condo building on about a half of a block bound by 48, 49, Dodge and Douglas streets. I just rent the house, but talked to the lawey and he said that it should be going to the planning board this month.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Awesome thanks for the news! This all be it small is a part of the "ugly" Dodge corridor that everyone complains about. So maybe this is the start of what is to come. This is very close to the Dundee Place condos so this area should start taking off. Oh and please don't mention all this to sturbux.
15-17, 26, 32
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I hope it doesn't look like that ugly suburban looking one by your place, Jake. I was gald for that until I saw what the outside looked like.
DTO
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Yeah I was going to mention something about that but I was going to go snap a pic of it to show everyone first. Well now when I'm sipping coffee I have something to watch out the window other then busses knocking sings down.
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

BTW do you know what half of the block will get the building? And will he tear down everything on that block?
15-17, 26, 32
jat
New to the Neighborhood

Dundee townhome

Post by jat »

This development will be called Dundee Ridge and will consist of 27 3 story row homes. Project is similar in nature to Soma and is being developed by Sullivan Homes.
laserdisque
Home Owners Association

Post by laserdisque »

It is going to be in the middle of the block, and I do believe everything else will stay.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Do you know how close it will be to Dodge. I know silly question but I can't help but ask. It could give us insight to the future of entire Dodge corridor.
15-17, 26, 32
laserdisque
Home Owners Association

Post by laserdisque »

I THINK it will go all the way to Dodge. I must emphasize THINK. This is just from talking with the folks next door who got a letter about the project. I did not ask the fellow who purchased the land.
jat
New to the Neighborhood

Dundee townhome

Post by jat »

This project will be the entire block from 48th to 49th and from Dodge to Douglas.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Ask and you shall receive. Thanks
So do you two know each other. I can understand conflicting info and changing info, it just goes hand in hand. Project developers have dreams and zoning laws as well as financing can change them. So my guess is if its butting right up to Dodge then the city isn't worried about the rebuild of Dodge that was talked about in Lively Omaha study. And we can forget all about it.
15-17, 26, 32
laserdisque
Home Owners Association

Post by laserdisque »

As far as I know there are home owners on the block that still own their houses, and the guy wants this project to get rolling this fall so the whole block thing seems a little iffy to me.
jat
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jat »

I will try to scan and post the rendering and site plan. I do know the buildings along Dodge will be torn down.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

All-in-all good news.
15-17, 26, 32
w8ing
Human Relations

Post by w8ing »

This would have been handy back in '91 for stumbling home when I hung out at the 49er playing darts. Oh my. I can hear Traffic on the jukebox and taste the rum now. lol
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Wow! This is fantastic news... and welcome to the forum jat! Look forward to any information/renderings/etc you can share with us here.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Grabbed the ol' POS and snapped these tonight.

15-17, 26, 32
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

As for this new project... I would have rathered it occupied the block on which that disgusting new strip center is on the north side of Dodge (a little further east)... and if memory serves me... there are some fine old houses on Douglas that I'm going to dearly miss.

I hope this is a high quality project... there are going to be some nice properties sacrificed for it.

Aerial...

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

there are some fine old houses on Douglas that I'm going to dearly miss.
I was thinking the same thing. In fact on my little walk I was telling the chick I was with. That there is |expletive| along Dodge but gorgeous ol' Dundee on the other half of the block. So Im hoping they leave some of the structures up on the south portion. And I am assuming this is what would happen.
15-17, 26, 32
49r
Home Owners Association

Post by 49r »

I used to live in the upside-down L shaped building just to the immediate west of that block.

A SOMA type development would totally change the fabric of that neighborhood, probably for the better. But I can see how the homeowners nearby and ON that block could be upset. It's always been a pretty nice, clean neighborhood.

Ah, the days when I could just walk across the street to the 49'r for a pint...good times! :D
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Excellent EXCELLENT news!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

DShawn and I were just talking about this block last week at Starbucks. I said how UGLY it is. Actually I was tto Bulldoze almost everything along dodge from 50 to I480 with a pew exceptions like historic buildings, but all the 50's 60's and 70's ugly buildings need to go.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I thought you talked about moving not destroying?
15-17, 26, 32
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

MTO wrote:I thought you talked about moving not destroying?
Yes, but that was up the street a big for widening Dodge. I am talking about the ugly area east of dundee that I would like to destroy..
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Oh because they would have to widen Dodge in this area as well.
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Saw these on my Ted & Wally's walk... More condos just west of T&Ds on the south side of Underwood.
15-17, 26, 32
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I like the second to last picture. It looks like one I took. ;)
DTO
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Post by midtown charlie »

I think this can be culled from the rumor section. According to city council agendas there is a request to rezone the property along Dodge street at 48th so they can create 27 townhomes.

http://www.ci.omaha.ne.us/departments/c ... g/852a.pdf

I hope this fits into the surrounding neighborhood. Considering what it is replacing it has to be better than what is already there.
midtown charlie
Human Relations

BTW They are calling them Dundee Ridge
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sounds like it has great potential. Thanks for the post MC - I will have to keep my eyes on this project.
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Well it is official official. In this mornings paper there is an article and picture about the Dundee Ridge Project. It is not online yet. Nice looking project. With hints of more to come around Omaha.

Maybe one of the mods can change the title of the thread for future searching purposes.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I've just read the W-H piece..This is an outstanding looking development..

As soon as the W-H updates their online site, I'm sure one of us will post a link and preview of the W-H piece..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Dundee to be home for a town house project
Dundee Ridge - three rows of nine town houses each - would be between 48th and 49th Streets, Dodge to Douglas.

If approved by the City Council, he said, the sale would close in the next 30 days and demolition would start in 30 to 45 days. In the path of the project are some offices, houses that had been converted to multifamily or office use and a parking lot.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Sullivan Homes' Charlie Sullivan said the preliminary plan is to build two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath homes of 1,600 to 1,800 square feet costing $275,000 to $300,000

ouch
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Yeah, NK. It isn't just me, then. Can someone explain why 1800 sq. ft. on 48th & Dodge is worth 1/3 of a million? Because quite honestly, that's the way one should look at it.

And, if I were to ever consider living on that spot, they would need to do something with that crummy strip mall they built on the north side of Dodge. The Home Team pizza isn't bad (God knows you need a place to order pizza from @ 2am), but that Asian restaurant has already been 2 or 3 places, and they don't even have their own permanent sign in place - there's been a banner over the old business' sign for months and months! Plus, Dodge street for some reason attracted about 3 or more of those crooked check-cashing depots almost next door to each other.

D
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Here's a rendering, i like it. Modern, but yet it fits in well.

Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Hung Cuong is the Veitnamese place you're talking about. Their food is delicious and they are pretty inexpensive (you can get enough to get you full for 5 or 6 dollars).

Plus the family that runs it has the most adorable little baby.

Also, this so isn't in Dundee.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Depending on who you speak to, Dundee can go over to Dodge St. south. I've lived here for 31 years & attended "Dundee" elementary school - it's Dundee.

D
Last edited by djc311 on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

That looks great. I know I have told some of you that I have always hated that streash of the south side of Dodge. I can't see them blow it up.
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

I know that the houses south of Dodge between 49th and at least 52nd and north of Howard are in the subdivision "Dundee Place." They are in Dundee Elementary's school zone. Most consider Dundee/Memorial Park the be bound by Saddle Creek on the East, Western on the North, Leavenworth on the South, and I'm not sure how far west but it's a street in the 60's. Of course, that also encompasses Happy Hollow, but most people lump all these areas together into Dundee.