19th Street Condos

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

19th Street Condos

Post by OmahaChef »

This is an interesting article on the 19th Street Conndo project, and hints at future developement in the area. The condos are priced in the upper $30K to $140K range. And, I love a story about a career changer who follows his passion. I can relate!

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2212072
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

That guy on the front page looks like the guy that works at Spaghetti Works. This sounds great. They've also said that crime and vagrancy has gone down in the area. South DT is really on the move up. I've seen the signs for this place a couple of times on the building but haven't looked into it. I thought they were just being hopefull. Glad to see actual work is being done.
DTO
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

This is fantastic.

Most of you know how I feel about south downtown/St. Mary's. I think this is the beginning of a great neighborhood resurrection.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Also, the article talks about Jen Hellman from Prudential "selling" her Jackson Square condo that she's had for two years....I didn't know Jackson Square ever even STARTED, let alone finished...

I looked for photos under the development section of eomaha.com, but didn't find any. Are there any pictures???
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Hmmmm. I guess I'm just not familiar with it.