Dundee Point Lofts (49th and Davenport)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Being  build in a lot on the north side of Davenport just west of 49th street.  Almost directly across the street from Dundee Place.
15-17, 26, 32
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Dundee Point Lofts:

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Blah.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Blah.
Blah... Look on either side of the picture..... that blah
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I guess I can't tell how dense/urban the entire development is going to be, but it looks like more of the same of what little has happened in Dundee since the 70s.

Was it just an empty lot before this?  If so, I guess it's infill, and that's a good thing.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Post by midtown charlie »

The large house that was there was converted into apartments.  It could have been a cool house until it burned down a year or two ago.  

Not sure if it was stated but they are in the process of building another twin building facing this one.  They will share the same driveway it appears.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

midtown charlie wrote:The large house that was there was converted into apartments.  It could have been a cool house until it burned down a year or two ago.  

Not sure if it was stated but they are in the process of building another twin building facing this one.  They will share the same driveway it appears.
The foundation is poured and the plumbing is in.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Just realized the other day that they never built the second building.  The ground work is still ready for a second building, but no sign of progress...
annie
New to the Neighborhood

Post by annie »

I'm thinking of looking at Dundee Place and noted that nobody made comments on it since 2007; thoughts?  Know anyone who lives there?  Thx.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

annie wrote:I'm thinking of looking at Dundee Place and noted that nobody made comments on it since 2007; thoughts?  Know anyone who lives there?  Thx.
They are pretty nice, but look very incomplete due to not being able to complete the project.
annie
New to the Neighborhood

Post by annie »

What do you mean that it was not completed?  Has anybody looked in it?  I noticed they don't have laundry rooms or might be wrong.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They never built the second building.   There are some footings and some pipes stick up but that's about it.
annie
New to the Neighborhood

Post by annie »

Oh, that might be a negative.  Thanks.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re:

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:They never built the second building.   There are some footings and some pipes stick up but that's about it.
Sounding like the second building is finally going up.

http://www.lockwooddev.com/projects/dundee-pointe/
AMA- Beautiful 3 story, 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom Loft/Condo in Dundee Pointe. Great location near Midtown Crossing, Dundee, and Old Market. The kitchen features hardwood floors, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances. Cozy living room with fireplace, dining room and balcony. This property is perfect for entertaining includes a rooftop deck with an amazing view!! Completion Aug 2014.
MTO
City Council

Re: Dundee Point Lofts (49th and Davenport)

Post by MTO »

Amazing view my |expletive|, no seriously they look down into my bedroom where I'll be mooning anyone on the balconys. I bet they're done before august at the speed those guys have been working.
15-17, 26, 32
annie
New to the Neighborhood

Post by annie »

Any clue as to price?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Probably the same as the first three(of six) that have been on the market for a few years now.
15-17, 26, 32