West Grayhawk

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: West Grayhawk

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I read that article earlier this morning. Their product must be legit if they're opening possibly 3 other locations in the city. I'm definitely giving this place a shot...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Anybody know when Shoe Carnival is scheduled to open?

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Fresh Thyme opens June 29th.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Shoe Carnival looks like it could be any day too. They also broke ground on the Amigo's.

Greg
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I love West Grayhawk! I love the new line of stores -- from Gordman's to that barn-looking "Thymes" grocery store. Then, they are building on that little corner lot in front of it. Looking at the sign, it looks like a design that was used in Council Bluffs (a double-flap roof). I'm guessing it is the same business? Like a credit union, or something...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

RockHarbor wrote:Looking at the sign, it looks like a design that was used in Council Bluffs (a double-flap roof). I'm guessing it is the same business? Like a credit union, or something...
Veridian Credit Union, one of at least two I know of on the Omaha side of the river.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Brad wrote:
RockHarbor wrote:Looking at the sign, it looks like a design that was used in Council Bluffs (a double-flap roof). I'm guessing it is the same business? Like a credit union, or something...
Veridian Credit Union, one of at least two I know of on the Omaha side of the river.
How they managed to get the name and logo from the old TV show Better Off Ted would be an interesting story.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Fresh Thyme opens June 29th.
Today
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Shoe Carnival is open now too. Went to both on the 3rd. Very impressed with Fresh Thyme.

Greg
Ryan_Huskers
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Ryan_Huskers »

Eat Fit Go has now opened its 3rd Omaha location at West Grayhawk, at the west end of the building with R Taco and Firehouse Subs.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo update from last week at sunrise. Storm was just clearing out and left some nice conditions.

nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I visited Fresh Thyme this weekend, and was very impressed. The store was packed. Kind of an amalgam of Trader Joes, Whole Foods and a natural foods store. I look forward the the second location opening in January at Baker's Square, as it will be much closer to where I live and shop.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

At the Shoppes at Grayhawk, just south of Freddie's on 168th will be an O'Reilly's Auto Parts.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:At the Shoppes at Grayhawk, just south of Freddie's on 168th will be an O'Reilly's Auto Parts.
Freddie's is in Whispering Ridge at 168th Street, Grayhawk is 147th to 150th.
Csmac
Home Owners Association

Post by Csmac »

With shoe carnival gone, Gordmans, Now Freshtyme soon closing and eat fit go health foods what tenants will move in? This pandemic is closing down a lot of places. Not surprising. Any rumors of anything trying to fill those spaces?
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Csmac wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 am With shoe carnival gone, Gordmans, Now Freshtyme soon closing and eat fit go health foods what tenants will move in? This pandemic is closing down a lot of places. Not surprising. Any rumors of anything trying to fill those spaces?
<sarcasm>

Temporary Halloween stores
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bbinks wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:04 am
Csmac wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 am With shoe carnival gone, Gordmans, Now Freshtyme soon closing and eat fit go health foods what tenants will move in? This pandemic is closing down a lot of places. Not surprising. Any rumors of anything trying to fill those spaces?
<sarcasm>

Temporary Halloween stores
The way things are going these days, this might not be sarcasm after all...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Csmac
Home Owners Association

Post by Csmac »

I’m having doubts on the row on heart Wood and crossroads redevelopment I’m hoping once the restrictions are lifted here soon we will see a difference. Greyhawk usually doesn’t have trouble filling in spaces. Just wonder what plans are?
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Csmac wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:57 am I’m having doubts on the row on heart Wood and crossroads redevelopment I’m hoping once the restrictions are lifted here soon we will see a difference. Greyhawk usually doesn’t have trouble filling in spaces. Just wonder what plans are?
While the Row and Crossroads have some retail, they are incorporating into a multiuse development, something that retail centers like West Grayhawk do not. Additionally, both are largely infill developments surrounded by established neighborhoods and the Row and Crossroads also seem like 'destination' developments. Those factors do not guarantee success, but I think it shows that you can't necessarily gauge the potential of those developments to something like West Grayhawk.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

ita wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:59 pm
Csmac wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:57 am I’m having doubts on the row on heart Wood and crossroads redevelopment I’m hoping once the restrictions are lifted here soon we will see a difference. Greyhawk usually doesn’t have trouble filling in spaces. Just wonder what plans are?
While the Row and Crossroads have some retail, they are incorporating into a multiuse development, something that retail centers like West Grayhawk do not. Additionally, both are largely infill developments surrounded by established neighborhoods and the Row and Crossroads also seem like 'destination' developments. Those factors do not guarantee success, but I think it shows that you can't necessarily gauge the potential of those developments to something like West Grayhawk.
Right..

Attempting to gauge the potential future of success for The Row at Heartwood or Crossroads...relative to the track record of West Grayhawk is not apples to apples at all..

That said, I remain optimistic for the futures of all of them...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!