Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

omahayum
New to the Neighborhood

Pudgy's Pizzeria (168st and Harrison)

Post by omahayum »

Pudgy's Pizzeria (168st and Harrison)

Went there Saturday
Omaha Yum wrote:I have to admit, I don't like da'Bears, I don't like da'Bulls, I don't like da'Cubs, and the da'White Sox are just alright, but I really like da'food at Pudgy's Pizzeria.

A couple weeks ago I started working out again, and since then I have been really hungry all the time. So when topic turned to where to get pizza Saturday night, I told my wife that thin crust just wasn't going to cut it, I needed deep dish Chicago style pizza loaded with toppings. Well when I want Chicago Style Pizza, I want REAL Chicago style pizza, made by I guy from the Windy City! That is what you get from Phil Cerra at Pudgy's Pizzeria.
Check out my blog for the rest of my review:
http://omahayum.blogspot.com/2010/08/pu ... zeria.html

Your turn!
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

Several times. It's pretty good. But it's not quite as good as Chicago style. It's the best you can get in Omaha, don't get me wrong. But it's no Gino's or Lou's. I personally don't care for Uno's. I would say it's "pretty close to Chicago style deep dish" but I wouldn't say it's REAL Chicago pizza.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

It's very good pizza...one suggestion is that if you order your pizza to go, turn the oven on for about 5-10 minutes and bake the pizza a little longer.  The crust can get a wee-bit soggy after it sits.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I guess we will have to try this, now that I heard that Phil "Pudgy" Cerra has terminal cancer, their family really needs support from Omaha.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There was a story in today's paper.  He was working the only time we ever went there about a year ago.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Tried going there for lunch one day, they only have dinner hours.   Twas a wasted trip.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

R.I.P. Pudgy
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Brad wrote:R.I.P. Pudgy
Sad.  He was a nice gentleman.  I just heard a commercial with him advertising the place.  I hope it can carry on without him.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Re: Pudgy's Pizzeria (168st and Harrison)

Post by HskrFanMike »

Rumor has it that Pudgy’s has closed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HskrFanMike wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:01 pm Rumor has it that Pudgy’s has closed.
Rumor I heard that someone purchased it and it will re-open under new ownership 10/10.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Brad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:49 pm Rumor I heard that someone purchased it and it will re-open under new ownership 10/10.
Giordano's? :lol: (Not serious...that's nowhere near the space they'll need)

We got a kick out of the woman who seemed to be running the place. She was everywhere, doing everything, trying to assemble a team of rather youthful-looking staff.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Pudgys is one of those places you been meaning to try for more then 10 years but you just have not got around to it yet.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

garyomaha wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:15 pm
Brad wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:49 pm Rumor I heard that someone purchased it and it will re-open under new ownership 10/10.
Giordano's? :lol: (Not serious...that's nowhere near the space they'll need)

We got a kick out of the woman who seemed to be running the place. She was everywhere, doing everything, trying to assemble a team of rather youthful-looking staff.
She is the late Pudgy's wife. My mom went to high school with her.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

So...I am unclear about whether Pudgy's exists and it's a long way from where I live, so I'm checking here. Is Pudgy's re-opened? Their Facebook page seems to indicate there was an ownership change in 2018, but there are multiple links to their (former) website which is a dead end. Has anyone on here eaten at Pudgy's since the ownership change? How's the food? And is the place more, um, organized now? Thanks!
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

garyomaha wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:46 pm So...I am unclear about whether Pudgy's exists and it's a long way from where I live, so I'm checking here. Is Pudgy's re-opened? Their Facebook page seems to indicate there was an ownership change in 2018, but there are multiple links to their (former) website which is a dead end. Has anyone on here eaten at Pudgy's since the ownership change? How's the food? And is the place more, um, organized now? Thanks!
Closing February 22.

https://www.omaha.com/entertainment/pud ... 7bcc8.html
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

That’s to bad, Omaha could use another option for Chicago deep dish pizza.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Cermak wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:14 pm That’s to bad, Omaha could use another option for Chicago deep dish pizza.
Heard an add on the radio last week for another one off maple somewhere? (Not the good one on 144 and Fort St).
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Brad. are you thinking of Rosati's? There's a thread here on them: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19310&p=303231&hil ... 7s#p303231 We have not (yet) had their deep dish/stuffed pizza, but thought the pizza we did have was okay. There were some aspects of our experience that weren't great, but that was almost a year ago.
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

I still need to try Rosati’s. I got some decent reviews.