11-Worth Cafe

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

11-Worth Cafe

Post by Brad »

11-Worth Cafe

I am really surprised we don't have a 11-Worth Cafe thread?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

11-Worth Cafe remains an Omaha classic

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121109/G ... ha-classic
Casey Logan WORLD-HERALD Correspondent wrote:A few months ago, the national website LocalEats.com unveiled its list of the top 20 breakfast restaurants in America. It may surprise you to learn that upon that distinguished directory landed a longstanding, nondescript diner on a weary stretch of Leavenworth Street west of downtown.

Tony Caniglia's 11-Worth Cafe has been serving breakfast and lunch since 1976, and it shows. One of my favorite things about the restaurant — and there was a lot I liked during two recent breakfasts — is the lack of any pretense or gimmickry. This is not a diner peddling faux-1950s nostalgia.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Made my way to 11-Worth today and it was worth it. I ordered the KC Potato Casserole and it was huge and with the loyalty discount card I got on my first visit it was under $8! Just a regular dive breakfast/Lunch place. Creaky floors but a great selection of foods. I'll be back to try a few other items.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, I have never seen it that empty in there.  Sunday morning there are more people than that waiting out in the lobby!
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

We tried to go for breakfast Saturday morning.  The lobby was packed full with a 45 min wait!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Well, this was on a Wednesday afternoon around 1:30. Most of the people were seated in the middle section (didn't take pictures of that)