Zephyr Lily

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Zephyr Lily

Post by Coyote »

Dundee's Noodle Zoo closes, Zephyr Lily Cafe opens in its place
Sarah Baker Hansen: World-Herald staff writer wrote:The restaurant has an ever-changing menu of entrées, Gammon said, and a list of sandwiches and salads that remain the same. A recent menu included a brisket sandwich; a turkey BLT; a variety of meatloaf, chicken and black bean sliders; jambalaya; and a duck salad.

Gammon said the restaurant has work from ten local artists on the walls and will play host to art shows. He also has plans for evening wine tastings.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Great new place off of Dodge at 50th. I had the Chicken Sliders
(Feta - Spinach - tzatziki;
Green chili - jack cheese - ancho chipotle aioli:
Bacon - havarti - tomato - peppercorn dill aioli)

Owner Chef used to cook for Espana. Sounds like he is a great Saucier and likes to play with matching flavors. Says they still need their liquor license and plans to do more after that. Hopefully the road projects won't deter people from trying this place out. I give it a two thumbs up!

Coyote
City Council

Re: Zephyr Lily

Post by Coyote »

Apparently Zephyr Lily is now closed also. Bummer, I liked the place was wanted to return.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Apparently Zephyr Lily is now closed also. Bummer, I liked the place was wanted to return.
Now going to be the Dundee Bistro.
Brad
City Council

The Dundee Bistro (formerly Zephyr Lily)

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Dundee's Noodle Zoo closes, Zephyr Lily Cafe opens in its place
Sarah Baker Hansen: World-Herald staff writer wrote:The restaurant has an ever-changing menu of entrées, Gammon said, and a list of sandwiches and salads that remain the same. A recent menu included a brisket sandwich; a turkey BLT; a variety of meatloaf, chicken and black bean sliders; jambalaya; and a duck salad.

Gammon said the restaurant has work from ten local artists on the walls and will play host to art shows. He also has plans for evening wine tastings.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Rule #1: if you are going to open a restaurant, give it a name that at least remotely sounds like it might be a place that serves food.