Charleston's (76th and Dodge)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Charleston's (76th and Dodge)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

The cryptic rumor dept has learned from a VERY reliable source in the real-estate industry that Charleston's will be opening a restaurant in the Brandies Building in DT Omaha..

Charleston's currently has one Omaha location in the First National Business Park at 144th and Dodge..

Lets see if this one indeed becomes a reality..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Interesting... we're really beginning to see a considerable number of upscale chain restaurants either coming or rumored to be coming to parts of downtown outside the Old Market.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

jhuston wrote:Interesting... we're really beginning to see a considerable number of upscale chain restaurants either coming or rumored to be coming to parts of downtown outside the Old Market.
Charleston's and Rock Bottom, what else? I'm drawing a blank...

right now I'd be happy if just one came DT on 16th St.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Chop House at the Paxton (ie 801 Steak and Chop House of Des Moines) and Jazz, a Louisiana Kitchen. I guess these aren't chains.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

oh well, probably for the better that they aren't chains. (One of the things that annoys me about DT Chicago is all the chain restaurants.)

chain or not its a great set up for retail infill between the OM and north side.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

I just talked to my sister who's worked at Charleston's for 8ish years and she said she doesn't think their is any truth to them opening another Charleston's in Omaha. They are going to do a small expansion to the existing location, but hasn't heard anything about a new location.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

I don't know what the latest is (if it will be a Charleston's or whatever) but a source told me last spring that they were trying to get/close to getting a top notch steak house at the Brandeis. I hope they are getting close with someone - that will help this area of DT.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

Finn wrote:I don't know what the latest is (if it will be a Charleston's or whatever) but a source told me last spring that they were trying to get/close to getting a top notch steak house at the Brandeis. I hope they are getting close with someone - that will help this area of DT.
I thought that the people who own Charleston's also owner a few other restaurant chains so maybe they want to put in one of their other brands.
Vince Furlong
Home Owners Association

Post by Vince Furlong »

Forum members who eat out a lot,

Please suggest to your FAVORITE, LOCALLY-OWNED restaurants who do not have a downtown presence that you would like to see them open a location in downtown Omaha, i.e., Lo Sole Mio, McFoster's, etc.

Somebody has to ask them, because I am afraid the local developers and commercial real estate boys and girls do not....

Vince Furlong
OMAHA MAIN STREETS
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Vince Furlong wrote:Forum members who eat out a lot,

Please suggest to your FAVORITE, LOCALLY-OWNED restaurants who do not have a downtown presence that you would like to see them open a location in downtown Omaha, i.e., Lo Sole Mio, McFoster's, etc.

Somebody has to ask them, because I am afraid the local developers and commercial real estate boys and girls do not....

Vince Furlong
OMAHA MAIN STREETS

-LaCasa (LaCasa East, and of course LaCasa far west)

-Vincenzo's

-Prima 140
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Valentino's Grand Italian Buffet, and Runza, of course :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously folks, I'll be here all week...

Lazlo's would be high on my list, but they are from Lincoln.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Sushi Ichiban (sorry Matsu... SI is the gold standard), Goldeez :).

-Big E
Stable genius.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Wow cowboy your source keeps coming up with big ones, he should start a radio show. :D
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

I'll be becoming a realtor later this year, maybe someday I can out do you cowboy. :wink:
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

adam186 wrote:I'll be becoming a realtor later this year, maybe someday I can out do you cowboy. :wink:
He’s the next Jeff Beals.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

MTO wrote:
adam186 wrote:I'll be becoming a realtor later this year, maybe someday I can out do you cowboy. :wink:
He’s the next Jeff Beals.
Ha..You guys are a laugh riot..

:wink: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
midtown charlie
Human Relations

Post by midtown charlie »

good point Vince!! I actually like the idea of Prima 20 or whatever street the Brandeis bldng is located on.

Post by Guest »

I heard that Charleston's is now going to build their 2nd Omaha location in the former Old Country Buffet Site off of 76th & dodge.
I believe construction (interior renovations) began, or begin very soon.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Six years and a month!

Tuna, the honors..
Stable genius.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

That OmahaCowboy was a real liar...
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

I wonder if anything well go into that Charleston's/Paddy O'Quigley's spot. They did a lot of work in there and they built a nice (expensive looking) wooden bar. I guess I just think it'd be a shame to let it go un-spilled upon.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Can someone remind me what name was of the Mexican place which was the original restaurant in that Old Country Buffet location?  I used to love their fajitas.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Chi-Chi's
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

According to Grow Omaha, there could be 2 restaurants located in that space.  I haven't been to OCB in years, but I think it was a huge space.
Grow Omaha wrote:Charleston's plans to open a second metro area location this fall at 76th & Dodge inside a former Old Country Buffet space. The restaurant may be co-located with a restaurant concept from the same company that owns Charleston's.
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Brad wrote:I haven't been to OCB in years
You were a lot younger the last time you ate at there? You are doing it wrong!
Melissa
Home Owners Association

Post by Melissa »

Wow.  I wonder what other restaurant they'll bring in?  According to the Hal Smith Restaurant Group website they also own:
Hefner Grill, Krispie Kreme, Mahogany, Louie's Grill and Bar, Mama Roja, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Ted's Cafe Escondido, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, and Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza.

I'm assuming not Krispie Kreme or Mahogany.  Anybody eaten at the others?
“Auditors are the people who show up after the battle and stab the wounded.”
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The rumor I had heard but not tossed out there because I am not sure how the person I heard it from would know is that it would be Mama Roja.  Take it for what a rumor is worth.

Melissa wrote:Wow.  I wonder what other restaurant they'll bring in?  According to the Hal Smith Restaurant Group website they also own:
Hefner Grill, Krispie Kreme, Mahogany, Louie's Grill and Bar, Mama Roja, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Ted's Cafe Escondido, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, and Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza.

I'm assuming not Krispie Kreme or Mahogany.  Anybody eaten at the others?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I would assume these are planning on the Crossroads project happening.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

That would be an excellent location for Charlestons.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I heard Charleston's is opening a 2nd location for sure there at the former old country buffett site, however, I drove by yesterday and the place still looks vacant/no construction yet.   They do own other entities/brands, but it's for sure Charleston's that they were looking at occupying the OCB space.     We'll see what happens!    Personally, I'm not sure if it would look good without significant work being done to the facade... They should consider the former Staples Store space just north of it next to the beverly hills plaza....a much nicer spot, however, not equiped w/the kitchen as the OCB space is.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

When did Staples leave?
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

nativeomahan wrote:When did Staples leave?
I didn't know they closed. No surprise, since the Office Depot/Max shops had better prices and selection.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Staples Left?  They were still there the other day when I went?  With that said, there never seems to be anyone in there.  Also, Office Depot/Max (whichever one is by the Mart is closing soon).

Post by Guest »

Charleston's is going to put a THIRD location at the Mega-European Village Development with the IKEA, Nordstroms, and Macy's.  Scheduled opening date is spring 2016.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Go away troll, you've already been warned!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Charleston's is going to put a THIRD location at the Mega-European Village Development with the IKEA, Nordstroms, and Macy's.  Scheduled opening date is spring 2016.
New to the forum but where is this going? I've been dying for all these stores to come to Omaha. Kinda cool they are all going in at one place.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Staples seemed open for business today.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:Staples seemed open for business today.
I am guessing the confusion cam because there is (and has been for a long time) large banner saying for lease on the front of the building.  However if you read the fine print its only for 7000 SQ FT, which I am guessing the North East corner of the building.  I think it was a training area back in the day.
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

Brad is correct...my bad.  I saw the banner on the upper left corner and thought they left.    I did recently talk to a manager at Charleston's...they are moving forward with the interior construction at the former Old Country Buffet site.   Not sure when it will open, but was under the impression it would be this coming winter.