Bailey's, a new restaurant at 120th and Pacific

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

refreshed
New to the Neighborhood

Post by refreshed »

Greg Lindberg of Absolutely Fresh Seafood has purchased the former Cafe Cafe at 1259 S. 120th. His newsletter says the new restaurant will be called Bailey's, and Jon Dye will be the chef. It will be casual and open for  breakfast and lunch.  It is not going to be a fish or seafood menu. If Jon's menu is as wonderful as the one for Shucks in the west Absolutely Fresh site, it should be a hit.
refreshed
New to the Neighborhood

Post by refreshed »

I don't think it will open for some time. He just bought it a couple of weeks ago.
refreshed
New to the Neighborhood

Post by refreshed »

Now set to open April 30.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Bailey's puts tasty twist on your favorite fare
Omaha World Herald wrote:At the new breakfast and lunch spot near 120th and Pacific Streets, you can get alligator or andouille sausage in your omelet, crab in your crepes or an unbelievable Moroccan chicken sandwich with your fries. You also can get a satisfying cup of clam chowder, a pretty tasty burger or steak, perfectly prepared eggs, crisp hash browns, interesting salads and fine fruit.

And, although Bailey's is owned and run by Absolutely Fresh owner Greg Lindberg, the twist here isn't always seafood: It's a million small details done right. Executive chef Jon Dye's menu includes several egg dishes: omelets, quiche Lorraine, huevos rancheros, breakfast burritos and four riffs on eggs Benedict. On the pretty Denmark Benedict, the smoked salmon was a bit overpowering. But when I parsed the dish, the poached eggs were spot-on. The English muffin was crisply toasted. And the hollandaise was amazingly good - with just the right consistency and lemony zing.

I left thinking we'd been served the sort of food a middling-good home cook might attempt but isn't likely to execute so speedily or so well. And isn't that just the perfect reason to go out to eat?
camps
New to the Neighborhood

Post by camps »

I took my in-laws to Bailey's for breakfast yesterday...let me tell you they are VERY hard to please (I've taken them to Senor Matias, Fernandos, Rivera's, La Casa, Hectors, El Bees and Azteca for Mexican and they hate every place) but they were all very impressed.  Quick service, great food, decent prices, what a great place for breakfast/lunch.  I highly recommend.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

camps wrote:(I've taken them to Senor Matias, Fernandos, Rivera's, La Casa, Hectors, El Bees and Azteca for Mexican and they hate every place)
Uh, if you took them to La Casa for Mexican, I can see how they might be disappointed. :) :) :)

(Yeah, I know ...) :)
camps
New to the Neighborhood

Post by camps »

Yes, I figured someone would catch my slip...I meant La Mesa, not La Casa.

And speaking of La Casa, I know what's for dinner tonight.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Just ate here. Highly suggest.  Get the Guerrero Eggs Benedict.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Finally had a chance to stop in here today. As Linkin5 suggested the Guerrero Eggs Benedict sounded great! Chorizo sausage, refried beans, chipotle hollandaise... The Porkasaurus (check out their menu) looked out of this world. The table next to me had one, and the kid downed it all to get a killer t-shirt. When I am hungry enough and don't want seafood...

So I got the Crab Benedict (after all it is Shucks...)

I don't know why it took me so long to try this place. I will go back to try a few other items for sure!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Same here, I just went there last month for the first time.  A couple of the bosses took me there for my review.  I liked it too.